Monday, March 31, 2008

We've all thought of it

I probably watch more television that most people. Well, maybe watch is not the correct word -- I turn the TV on for background noise, and have the History Channel or NG Channel or something similar on all day in the corner of my computer screen. It works better for me than radio.

So, it's possible that you haven't seen the new Cheetos ads. The animated Chester Cheetah has become a dark, oily sort of character who urges people to do bad things -- put Cheetos up the nose of a snoring airline passenger, squish Cheetos in a neatniks laptop, throw a handful of Cheetohs in someone else's white dryer load. Here's an example:



I'm not quite sure what to make of them, except to think, "this is going to make me buy cheetos? So I can be an asshole?" None of those things are terribly funny to me, and my response is to cringe in horror...probably not what the marketing department wanted. I am obviously not their demographic.

No comments: