Friday, October 03, 2008

Work fun

So I get a call this morning from my client, a bit hysterical. The external part of the application we built (in a web-based toolkit) for users outside of their company to access 'doesn't work". The users in the remote location "can't get in".

I have to admit I started laughing like a hyena. The system is supposed to go LIVE on Monday. This part of the app has been done since MARCH. Do you think they might have tested things, oh, I don't know, before today?

Oh, it was well tested for functionality by the internal users. But in the last nine months, no one thought to get ONE USER from outside the network to try to access the application? Really?

I read the horror stories about client projects all the time in the various technical magazines....I apparently should start writing them!

No comments: