Friday, March 03, 2006

I'm me! I'm me! I think.

Ah-hah! I think I have finally tracked down some sort of certified documentation as to who I was in 1989. It took about a dozen phone calls to finally track down what hope will be an acceptable document for the SSA. SOcial Security initial suggested a college transcript -- easily available certified copies, right?

Well, not so much. Because of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, the U of M no longer includes either social security numbers (because the law says they can't be used as identifiers) nor birth date on any day school transcripts (because of age-ism). There is no way to get them added, it's a violation of their privacy policy.

Note that I said day school, though. The extension (night) class program has not yet been entirely rolled into the regular transcript. So -- with the help of a lovely woman in the records department, we discovered that the original microfiche of the few extension classes I took in 1986 would still have all the info. I need a copy of the microfiche to be certified and that should do it. Cross your fingers that this works. I have no idea what to try next!

I still think I should go with the Adorable Husband's suggestion to demand an investigation into my identity.

No comments: