Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Dungeon Construction...day...?

No insulation yesterday. The adorable husband arrived home to find piles and piles of wallboard, but no insulation. I assume they were off schedule because of the huge rallies on Monday.
It will probably only take a few hours for a few to get the insulation up, so I'm assuming that they will do it today. And start wallboarding tomorrow.

I just found out they're considering me for a gig in Cheyenne WY -- and the stated assumption is that "it's only an hour or so north", which I take to mean that they want to DRIVE there everyday. No. I'm really not going to do that. Yuck.

It might be fine if I can go up there and stay in a local hotel for the week and then head back when I feel like it, but I did the whole 2 1/2 hours in the car thing for a year. I'm not going there again. Really. The sales person initially said 3 weeks, and now is saying 3 months and I, frankly, don't trust either estimate.

Bah. This work thing is not what it's cracked up to be! Well, except for the paycheck part....

No comments: