Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Client of Doom

You know, I fit the definition of an idiot -- someone who does the same thing over and over and expects a different result.

And I'm paying for it today.

Sigh. Remember my client-from-hell? The one that very nearly made me have a breakdown? The one that prompted the several months off to decompress? They called again. Instead of saying that I was too busy, booked, or simply unwilling to go...as I type this, I'm sitting in their office trying to fix problems.

Problems caused because they did exactly what I told them not to do.. As in, "If you do X, this will completely fail." No beating around the bush there. So what did they do? X. In spades. I'm seriously considering banging my head against the wall. it would be more satisfying to bang their heads against the wall, but probably less politically correct.

I'm only here for (at most) four days, probably less. But still...what was I thinking?

No comments: