Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Onion strikes again

Very funny article in The Onion today (If you don't know, the Onion is a SPOOF, a satire, a parody of the real news -- which often are mistaken for "real" news because they tend to be, well, plausible.)
In a decisive 1–0 decision Monday, President Bush voted to grant the president the constitutional power to grant himself additional powers

"As president, I strongly believe that my first duty as president is to support and serve the president," Bush said during a televised address from the East Room of the White House shortly after signing his executive order. "I promise the American people that I will not abuse this new power, unless it becomes necessary to grant myself the power to do so at a later time."

Sometimes, parody hits a little bit close to home.

No comments: