Saturday, April 04, 2009

Instant Gratification Girl

Only three and a half weeks until we leave for Scotland -- the entire month of May spent driving roughly counter-clockwise around the country, with the first ten days spent up at the Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival (where we have tickets for some special tours and tastings, and a stay at the Craigellachie Hotel -- home of the Quaich bar with 700 different bottles of Scotch).

I can hardly wait!

But, as usual, our gadget-lust has overcome us. We decided early on that we needed a GPS, with maps for Scotland -- it may not cover everything, but being able to navigate in the towns will definitely be helpful. So, a Garmin 270 is on the way. I'll be able to use it in my car when we get back, of course -- I've been wanting a GPS for the car for ages.

We also upgraded the camera for this trip to a Nikon D300 and a new, faster VR lens. Part of what we love about traveling is the pictures, so more pixels is gooooood. The D100 is six years old, and technology has definitely changed!

Now, all I need to do is find the walking shoes that I love (they have discontinued them, apparently) and I'm readly to go!

No comments: