Sunday, May 06, 2007

And they Napped

Have you ever had one of those weekends where you have a huge list of things to do, tons of errands to run, and somehow you end up doing absolutely nothing on the list? That was our weekend. Dragged ourselves out of bed late on Saturday, in time to run one small errand and meander about the house and nap most of the afternoon, and repeated the exercise on Sunday, except we managed to eat lunch before collapsing in drowsy heaps by 3pm.

So we napped all weekend. I think the Adorable Husband managed to mow the grass late tonight, but that's about it.

I can't tell if it's stress, if we're still depressed and just ignoring it, or what. But I'm awfully glad that we don't have kids around who need to be fed and monitored, and that no one is counting on us to do anything that requires more than the basics of effort!

Ullaq's doing much better -- although she definitely has attached herself to the Husband and is pretty much ignoring me. I can't tell if it's just because I'm home all day and she's bored with me, or what. He takes her for long walks (which might be a bit too long, considering that she's getting old and sleeps for HOURS after he brings her back inside) but otherwise we're both around. Maybe she's picked up on the fact that for a few days after we lost Rukh, I was irrationally angry at her -- that she wasn't the one who was sick, that she was still around. I'm not anymore, of course, but I'm still being snubbed.

No comments: