Sunday, December 10, 2006

Weather-R-Us

For his birthday, I got the Adorable Husband a wireless weather station thingy, that measures wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, and rainfall. It's a pretty spiffy new toy, and he spent the day setting it up and calibrating it. We now know just about everytihng you ever wanted to know about the weather in our backyard -- and have the ability to take measurements every five minutes and store them for years on the computer.

I did at least talk him out of trying to mount it on the top of the roof. I had horrible visions of him sliding off and crashing on his head. Our roof is not for the faint-hearted, and we'd need a cherry-picker to get up there. Either that, or he'd have to hang over the edge and try to screw things into the soffits. Not the best idea, if you ask me.

I, of course, was banished. This often happens when the Husband gets a new toy, since I read the instrutions and then attempt to take over installation or configuration of things. Apparently, I had stepped over the invisible line from helpful to annoying at some point in the morning and every single thing I said or did set his teeth on edge. I retreated to my office to play my new computer game until things were bolted to poles in the back yard and all setup had been completed. Sometimes, discretion is the better part of valor.

No comments: