Wednesday, July 15, 2009

This can't be good

For all the fans of the Twilight novels ("Twi-fans", apparently)...there's going to be a graphic novel! Ooh! Swoon!

Really, I'm rather horrified (and overly amused) at the idea (the books are cover-to-cover Mary Sue drivel with a heavy helping of weird-stalker vibes and tween girl angst that is at once hilarious and creepy). The little illustrated article about the new offering had me giggling at the fan versions that have already surfaced..with some odd and sometimes bizarre fan-illustrations. Just scroll through the slide show without giggling, I dare you. I double-dog dare you.

But it was the comments that had me snorting out loud.
"I never thought Stephenie would allow this--I am so happy! My husband might actually let me frame some of these for the walls being a graphic novel nerd himself."

"I am THRILLED to see Twilight being brought to this form. I think the animation should be true to the book as that is the original story we have all fallen in love with."
Can't you just hear the sparkly squeals of joy?

No comments: