Friday, July 31, 2009

What's the Plus for?

I'm sure some of you will think we're horrible people, but laughter sometimes is the best way to deal with a crisis. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

As we were driving to the vet's last week, we started talking about euthanasia in the car, and how a doctor friend of The Adorable Husband's had just had their vet out to the house to euthanize their dog. Being a doctor he was curious about things, and discovered that the drug combination used is called 'TotallyLethal' -- well, another is 'Bluethenasia', so let's not be too hard on the poor marketing people, shall we?

But that's not enough. It's not just 'TotallyLethal"...it's TotallyLethal PLUS.

What on earth is the PLUS for? What possible effect of this drug is not covered by 'totally lethal'? Really? Marketing has gone a little overboard on this one, I think.

"I know!" I said, "It's the special Anti-Zombie Formula. That's the PLUS!"

We almost had to pull over, we were laughing so hard (and I still chuckle a little thinking about it). Yup. Totally Lethal, now with No More Zombies!

Very wrong, I know. Very inappropriate and I'm sure everyone thinks we're heartless and horrible. But we both loved Uulaq a lot, and laughter seemed a much better way to go, you know?

No comments: