Saturday, August 29, 2009

Pharmacology is GOOD

Well, I survived the flu just fine. It was the subsequent EARACHE which finally sent me to the doctor on Friday. Accompanied by a sore throat that rendered me mute and unable to swallow, and with swollen glands tht made me look like I had a goiter -- yes, I finally listened to all the medical personnel in my life and saw the Doc.

I don't know what it is about an earache, but it turns a sane, normal, adult into a whiny, crying toddler. I spent at least part of Friday in the living room chair just crying, because nothing even made a dent in the pain.

One dose of antibiotics (and about six hours) and I was actually able to sleep. And swallow. I'm still pretty miserable, but at least I'm not considering just poking out my eardrum to release the pressure anymore.

Better living through chemistry! Woot!

No comments: