Thursday, January 12, 2006

Laundry Monsters, redux

I finally succumbed and moved the water dish closer to the door and away from the Horrible Laundry Monsters. Now, Uulaq will at least creep in there for a drink as long as I stand in the laundry room with her, but she's begun this bizarre behavior that just makes me chuckle: she creeeps in, staying as far from the washer as possible, drinks a few slurps, and then turns away to circle around two times before going back in for another few sips.

Slurp Slurp Slurp. Turn. Turn. Pause. Slurp Slurp Slurp. Turn. Turn. Pause. Slurp...

I know dogs will do the circle-in-place maneuver before laying down as a way to convince themselves that there is a "escape route", so I can only surmise that the beastie is doing the same thing here. I'm beginning to feel quite sorry for her, but there really isn't any place else to put the dog dishes so she's going to have to get used to things. I'm getting a bit annoyed that I have to accompany the beast every time, so I hope she gets over it soon.

I suppose that the fronts of the (much taller) machines dolook like eyes and mouths -- and rather angry ones at that. At least to the dog. And me, now that I get a good look at them. Yikes.

No comments: