Monday, July 02, 2007

First in a long series...

You'll all be quite sick and tired of puppy cuteness and my incessant 'aren't they cuuuuute' for the next few weeks. I'll try to keep it to a bare minimum. I am besotted.

We went down to Colorado Springs to drop off a deposit, planning to pick up the puppies on Friday or Saturday and we all decided that since we're taking TWO puppies, they could go now. They are seven weeks old today, which is the absolute youngest I'd consider taking a puppy.

So, we scrambled to the pet store for a crate, puppy food, and the necessary puppy stuff and I now have two completely exhausted puppies sleeping in a large puppy playpen in front of my desk. They're adorable, and while they're a bit freaked out right now, they are settling in pretty nicely.

Uulaq has been snorfling them with interest through the plastic puppy-prison walls, and seems pretty calm about all of this. I think she really wants to play with them, but they're freaked out enough about the car ride and new place and new stuff that we're going to keep them segregated for a day or so.

I'd post pictures, but I'd need flash and we're trying to be very calm and very non-threatening today. We'll have them tomorrow from outside in the sum, I promise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cuuuuuuuuute! I can't wait for puppy pictures!!